Behçet Dalmaz / Hakkari, Aug 27 () - After the Governorate of southeastern province of Hakkari has announced curfew on August 26 at 23.30 p.m. after clashes in Yüksekova district have left three killed and seven wounded, Peoples’ Democratic Party Hakkari MP Abdullah Zeydan said.
The announcement of a curfew until further notice has led to intense clashes, sounds of gunshots and blasts, while armed vehicles flocked to the district, particularly in Orman and Eski Kışla neighbourhoods shortly after the declaration.
Peoples’ Democratic Party Hakkari MP Abdullah Zeydan told security officers’ artillery shooting had hit some of the houses of civilians and an imam, İbrahim Akoğan, had been severely wounded in Orman Neighbourhood, regarding the tense clashes having continued until around 7.00 a.m.
Security officers don’t allow the emergency teams to hospitalize the causality. Meanwhile, there are no clues on the health condition of imam’s children.